I cannot believe that it is already April! This spring semester has gone by so quickly! Even quicker than fall semester! And to think that I’m going to be a sophomore soon?
Anyways, my good friend and blogger Taharat recently wrote to the incoming Class of 2023 giving some advice; go check out her post here! I thought that I would also write to the Class of 2023, giving them something to look forward to!
Here are some moments so far that I will never forget from freshman year and you probably won’t too once you get here.
- The moment that you step on campus in August and start to see the leaves changing color.
- The moment that you first move in and see your dorm room.
- The moment that you say goodbye to your family.
- The moment that you step on to the field and meet your FYM group.
- The moment that you first explore Baltimore on Baltimore Day during O-Week.
- The moment that you first swipe into the FFC.
- The moment that you walk into your first college class.
- The moment that you first explore Brody and take in the energy.
- The moment that you pull your first all-nighter.
- The moment that you discover the underpass shortcut from Brody to Levering and your life is forever changed.
- The moment that you take your first college midterm.
- The moment that you join your first club at Student Involvement Fair and feel like you’re about to change the world.
- The moment that you sit on the Beach for the first time and soak in the sun.
- The moment that you see Gilman light up on the night of the Lighting of the Quads.
- The moment that you go to your first concert on the Beach.
- The moment right before spring semester class registration. The adrenaline. The tension in your finger before hitting register. Your eyes focused on the time to click right when it hits 7:00:00 AM.
- The moment that you see a tour group walking through Brody and stop and think “That was me like a year ago.”
- The moment that you hop up onto the Hopkins sign, look at it, and remember that “Oh yeah, I go to THE Johns Hopkins.”
- The moment that you hear back from that lab and find out that you got the research position.
- The moment that you see SOHOP students walking around campus and once again realize “Wait. That was me a year ago too. Has it already been a semester and a half?”
- The moment when you’re with your friends at night on the Hopkins sign, the Wolman Theatre, or a random Brody room, and you realize “These are going to be my lifelong friends. The ones that I will refer to as my ‘friends from college.'”
- The moment that you are grateful for the distribution credit system because without it you wouldn’t have found your major.
- The moment that you start to feel Hopkins becoming your home.
As you can see there are a lot of moments here that I believe most freshman can relate to as well. Obviously, we each have a lot of more unique moments that have been crucial to our growth. This first year has been unforgettable, and I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.