I’ve complied my best tips and trix for Hopkins
- Print out a copy of your weekly schedule and tape it to your wall.
- I found it very useful to have my schedule up. This is especially helpful for the first week of school as I often forget when my classes are and where they are….oops.
- Make sure you have all the materials for your courses.
- CLICKERS (usually needed for big lecture courses)
- Use Sheridan Libraries (For those humanities textbooks or Library Genesis (FREE pdf copies of ALL books).
- Notebooks, papers, pens, or laptop
- LABEL ALL OF YOUR EXAMS ON A CALENDAR (This is so helpful, because you can gauge how exhausting or FREE your weeks are. It allows you to plan accordingly).
- Create study strategies for each of your courses.
- After going to the first lecture, I usually sit down and try to see how I am going to go about study for this course that way I can get myself into a routine.
- Best way I have found to study is in small increments and every day.
- PRACTICE PRACTICE PROBLEMS
- Go to OFFICE HOURS (they are there for a reason)
- Sign up for PILOT or Learning Den
- TAKE BREAKS
- This is so essential for your MENTAL HEALTH.
- Hang out with you friends for an hour
- Have lunch or dinner with friends
- Paint or color
- Watch TV for an hour
Sending good vibes,